– YHALE Pandemic Plan
– Policies & Protocols for Infectious Disease
We will continue to monitor all federal, state, and local guidelines. We will seek input from stakeholders as we strive to provide a safe learning environment, quality instruction, and social and emotional support for our students. We made improvements to our facilities to provide a healthier environment. Additionally, we are enhancing our intervention programs to address academic needs that have been exacerbated as a result of COVID-19.
The Health and safety practices and strategies include:
– Maintain communication with local health officials and the Georgia Department of Public Health
– Participate in contact tracing efforts as directed by local health officials (to the extent feasible).
– Teach and reinforce good hygiene measures such as hand washing, covering coughs, and face coverings.
– Conduct deep cleaning of schools prior to students/staff returning and schedule additional cleanings during weekends or school holidays/breaks.
– Provide hand soap and hand sanitizer, paper towels, and no-touch trash cans in all bathrooms, classrooms, and frequently trafficked areas.
– Post signs in classrooms, hallways, and entrances to communicate COVID-19 symptoms, preventative measures, and school/district specific protocols.
– Designate an isolation room or area to separate anyone who exhibits COVID-like symptoms.
– Routinely clean/disinfect frequently touched surfaces and shared objects.
– Follow a modified quarantine method for students exposed in the school setting.
– Offer free school-based COVID-19 testing provided by the Georgia Department of Public Health.
With the additional funding made available from the federal government, we plan to make the following changes:
– Maintain the operation of and continuity of services by continuing to employ existing staff.
– Provide reading and Math tutoring services, as well as tiered support for students.