All residents of the State of Georgia are eligible to enroll at Yi Hwang Academy of Language Excellence (YHALE).
– Applicants for kindergarten must be 5 years old on or before September 1 of that school year.
– Applicants for 1st grade must be 6 years old on or before September 1 of that school year. (regardless of completing Kindergarten at a private school).
After an applicant is offered a seat, accepts that seat, and accepts his/her target language placement; applicants will be emailed the YHALE enrollment forms. (YHALE will also provide enrollment forms at the front desk of the school if an applicant cannot receive the forms in an email.) The online enrollment along with required enrollment documents must be received within the time frame stated on the enrollment email, or the student will forfeit his or her space and move to the end of the waitlist for his/her grade.
The online enrollment and its required enrollment documents must be submitted through YHALE’s online enrollment portal (Infinite Campus) following the directions in the enrollment email. Documents should not be brought or mailed to the school unless directed by the Enrollment Specialist or other members of YHALE administration. All information provided in the enrollment process must be accurate, and documents must be correct, current, and unaltered. If parents knowingly provide false information or omit information, their student will be unenrolled.
REQUIRED ENROLLMENT DOCUMENTS
1. Completed registration (online or paper form)
2. Birth certificate
3. Parent/guardian government issued photo identification
a. Parent identification must be consistent with the parent on the birth certificate.
b. Proof of custody or guardianship is required if the enrolling parent is not listed on the birth certificate.
4. Social Security card of the student (A parent or guardian who objects to the incorporation of the social security number into the school records of a child may have the requirement waived by signing a statement objecting to the requirement-Social Security Waiver)
5. Signed Authorization to Release Records form (if applicable)
6. Certificate of Immunization (GA Form 3231 completed by GA Health Dept or a GA licensed physician)*
7. Certificate of Vision, Hearing, Dental & Nutritional Screening (GA Form 3300 (all 4 sections completed)*
8. Two (2) Proofs of Georgia Residency*
a. A lease, deed, or mortgage statement AND
b. Other address verification showing the same parent name and address
i. A current utility statement, such as electric, water, gas, or cable OR
ii. Valid Georgia driver’s license
9. If applicable, student’s most recent IEP, 504, gifted, or EIP documentation
* Parents have 30 days from the first day of school to turn in Georgia Form 3231 & 3300.
* Residency Notes:
– Ownership of property/land with stated intent to build and use as primary residence is insufficient to establish Proof of Residency.
– Parents or guardians who live in a residence but do not own or lease the residence will be required to complete a notarized Affidavit of Residence. The parent/guardian and the adult owner/lessee of the residence will both be required to complete the form, attesting that the student does indeed reside there. The parent/guardian will also need to provide evidence that they do live at the specified residence, as detailed on the affidavit.
YHALE enrollment is considered complete only when the Language Acknowledgement Form, enrollment form, and all required enrollment documents are received.